Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Matt Sileno An interesting promotion combo: Pinterest and Facebook



By Guest Blogger, Donna DeClemente, Donna's Promo Talk I didn't know that Yvonne was going to write yesterday's post about Pinterest till I just read it this morning. It works out perfectly now as a prelude for my blog post today. I'm glad to announce that I now how a Pinterest related promotion that I have worked on with a client that is live! The My Fort Myers & Sanibel Bucket List Sweepstakes went live last week of the The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel Facebook page. You have to agree that anything with the word "Beaches" in the title has to conjure up some great photos. So an obvious direction would be to start a Pinterest page. But don't stop there. Why not run a promotion that combines your Facebook fans with your Pinterest followers? Here's how this one works: Facebook fans are invited to follow Fort Myers & Sanibel on Pinterest. To participate in the sweepstakes they first need to create their own Pinterest board and title it “My Fort Myers & Sanibel Bucket List”. The Board should contain at least 12 pins or repins that represents their dream vacation at The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel. Once their board is complete, they must then come back to the Fort Myers & Sanibel Facebook page and click on the "Pin & Win" Sweepstakes application. If they're not already a current fan they must first click the “Like” button to access the sweepstakes app. To complete the process they enter the URL address of their “My Fort Myers & Sanibel Bucket List” Pinterest board in the entry form field along with their name and email address and hit submit. Participants are directed to pin photos that are original, created and owned by themselves and do not infringe on any copyright materials owned by a 3rd party. All boards need to be submitted by July 10 to be included in the random drawing. After that date I will draw one grand prize winner. They will receive a vacation package that includes a hotel stay at the Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort and Spa along with some other gifts such as a $100 gift card for Tanger Outlets, a $50 gift card for Adventures in Paradise Outfitters and a Sunset Dolphin Cruise for two. I did a quick search on Pinterest this morning and found Barb Hampton's My Ft. Myers & Sanibel Bucket List Pinterst Board. Here's one of her photos she shared of a beautiful sunset on the beach. I haven't gotten an update from the agency that I'm working with on this promotion regarding how many entries they've received yet. It's still only a week old, so too soon to tell how successful this will be. As I mentioned, it's the first Pinterest promotion I have been involved in that has launched, so I don't have any history to go by (I did write the rules for another that was canceled before it got started). I believe the fact that you need to spend some time creating a board will no doubt limit the number of entries. So we'll see. I wrote this post back in April about Pinterest for those who may want some background info on this fast-growing social network. If anyone has run or is running a Pinterest promotion please share. This is all still new, so any feedback and insights are greatly welcome. And yes Yvonne, there are some photos on the Ft. Myers & Sanibel Pinterest page that are making me hungry too!



via Alltop RSS http://www.lipsticking.com/2012/06/an-interesting-promotion-combo-pinterest-and-facebook.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Lip-sticking+%28Lip-Sticking%29 Matt Sileno

http://www.lead411.com/Matt_Sileno_3146962.html The Intuitive Group Inc

8233 Old Courthouse Rd Ste 330 Vienna V.A. 22182

No comments:

Post a Comment