Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Matt Sileno #017: 7 Keys to Writing a Killer Blog Post [Podcast]



In this episode, I talk about how to write killer blog posts. I define what constitutes a killer blog post and then share seven keys for writing one. In Episode 13, I shared how my blog traffic has grown from a few hundred unique visitors a month when I first started in 2004 to about 300,000 unique visitors a month now. Click to Listen Episode Outline One of the things I love about blogging is the analytics. I can tell exactly how popular a blog post is. I know whether or not it resonated with my audience—or fell on deaf ears. So when I talk about writing a killer blog post, I mean something very specific. I'm not talking about whether or not you, your family, or your friends liked your blog post. My definition of a killer blog post is one that performs well as measured by three specific metrics: Traffic Engagement Shares Frankly, if you want to boil this entire episode down to one statement, it is this: The secret to creating killer blog posts is to write stuff people want to read and share. Here’s how: You can unlock the potential of your blog posts with seven keys: Focus on your readers. Write a powerful headline. Include a relevant photo. Tell a relevant story. Make your posts scannable. Keep your posts brief. End with a question. If you put these keys to use, you increase the likelihood of writing killer blog posts. Listener Questions Bill Kerr asked, “What tip do you have for finishing blog posts that you start?” Dana Pittman asked, “How do you do a blog post that is gives enough information but not too much?” Jon Stallings asked, “How to you write a killer blog post without manipulating your audience?” Mary DeMuth asked, “Have you ever had the experience where you have written a blog post that you didn’t think was very good, and it was a raging success?” Melissa Taylor asked, “How do you tell personal stories and yet have the keyword in the first paragraph?” Ron Cantor asked, “What do you mean when you encourage people to write a controversial blog?” Shannon Milholland asked, “What metrics do you use to determine if a blog post was really a killer post?” Sharon Swing asked, “What is the best way to get your customers to talk about what has wowed them about your products or services in a way that makes it easy to share on your blog or website?” Travis Dommert asked, “How do you come up with a steady stream of great ideas for blog posts?” Special Announcements My book, Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World is continuing to sell well. As you may know, it hit all the major bestseller lists, including the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal. If you haven’t read it yet, I hope you will buy a copy. This is a book for authors, speakers, comedians, small business owners, realtors, mortgage brokers, corporate brand managers—anyone with something to say or to sell. I will be speaking at “A Day About Books” with my friend, John Maxwell, this coming Saturday, June 23, in West Palm Beach, Florida. This is an unprecedented opportunity to learn from someone who has written seventy-plus books and sold more than twenty million copies. He is one of Amazon’s top 25 best-selling authors of all time. I will be speaking on ”How Authors Can Build a Powerful Platform.” If you are an author or have ever thought about becoming one, this conference is for you. If you are interested in having me speak at your event, please visit my Speaking page. In the next episode of my podcast, I am going to talk about how to maximize your vacation time by going on a “digital detox” and reconnecting to what matters most. If you have a question about this topic, please leave me a voice mail. I will try to answer it on the air. Episode Resources In this episode I mentioned several resources, including: Blog post: “How to Write Magnetic Headlines” by CopyBlogger.com Book: Advertising Headlines That Make Your Rich by David Garfinkel



via Alltop RSS http://michaelhyatt.com/017-7-keys-to-writing-a-killer-blog-post-podcast.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+michaelhyatt+%28Michael+Hyatt%29 Matt Sileno

http://www.lead411.com/Matt_Sileno_3146962.html The Intuitive Group Inc

8233 Old Courthouse Rd Ste 330 Vienna V.A. 22182

No comments:

Post a Comment