Bob Goff is one of the most amazing men I have ever met. I don’t think I know anyone else who is as adventurous as he is. I certainly don’t know anyone who is a better storyteller.
I first read about Bob in Don Miller’s delightful book, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. Shortly after that, Don introduced me to him. Then, I had the privilege of spending a few days with Bob and his wife, Maria, at their beautiful home in British Columbia.
Several months later, Don sent me the manuscript for Bob’s new book, Love Does: Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World . Though I rarely read books from first time authors, I devoured this one. I read it from start to finish in one sitting. (In a moment, I’ll tell you how you can get a copy for free.)
What is the book about? It’s really a series of paradigm shifts disguised as stories. These stories are assembled to prove one thesis: Love is not merely about thoughts and feelings. it is about taking action. Or, as the title of his books says, love does.
Recently I had the opportunity to interview Bob about his book. I asked him the following questions:
- I know you are doing something special with the royalties for this book. Can you tell us about that?
- How did you get into law school? (This is one of my favorite stories ever.)
- You used to think that Jesus was a guy in a robe who was mad at everyone. When did that change for you?
- Can you elaborate on the difference between knowing and doing?
- How do you get done everything you do? It sometimes seems like there are three of you!
- What do you say to the person who says, “Bob Goff is an exception; I don’t have those resources or creativity?”
Love Does is pure inspiration. If you listen to Bob talk about it in this brief interview, you’ll get a little flavor of what to expect in the book.
- Leave a comment below. Tell me why you want a copy.
- Fill out the special form. I have set up a separate contact form to make it convenient for you to provide your mailing address. Please do not put your shipping address in your comment. This will automatically disqualify you.
- Twitter a link to this post. You can do so automatically by clicking here. If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can use Facebook.
On Friday, June 29, 2012, I will select 50 people at random. If you are one of those selected, I will notify you via email. If you don’t hear from me, you can assume you were not selected.
via Alltop RSS http://michaelhyatt.com/bob-goff.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+michaelhyatt+%28Michael+Hyatt%29 Matt Sileno
http://www.lead411.com/Matt_Sileno_3146962.html The Intuitive Group Inc
8233 Old Courthouse Rd Ste 330 Vienna V.A. 22182